Obtain strongSwan VPN Consumer Newest Model APK
Official Android 4+ port of the favored strongSwan VPN resolution.
# FEATURES AND LIMITATIONS #
* Makes use of the VpnService API featured by Android 4+. Units by some producers appear to lack assist for this – strongSwan VPN Consumer will not work on these gadgets!
* Makes use of the IKEv2 key change protocol (IKEv1 isn’t supported)
* Makes use of IPsec for information visitors (L2TP isn’t supported)
* Full assist for modified connectivity and mobility by MOBIKE (or reauthentication)
* Helps username/password EAP authentication (specifically EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-MD5 and EAP-GTC) in addition to RSA/ECDSA personal key/certificates authentication to authenticate customers, EAP-TLS with shopper certificates can also be supported
* Mixed RSA/ECDSA and EAP authentication is supported through the use of two authentication rounds as outlined in RFC 4739
* VPN server certificates are verified in opposition to the CA certificates pre-installed or put in by the consumer on the system. The CA or server certificates used to authenticate the server may also be imported immediately into the app.
* IKEv2 fragmentation is supported if the VPN server helps it (strongSwan does so since 5.2.1)
* Break up-tunneling permits sending solely sure visitors by the VPN and/or excluding particular visitors from it
* Per-app VPN permits limiting the VPN connection to particular apps, or exclude them from utilizing it
* The IPsec implementation presently helps the AES-CBC, AES-GCM, ChaCha20/Poly1305 and SHA1/SHA2 algorithms
* Passwords are presently saved as cleartext within the database (provided that saved with a profile)
* VPN profiles could also be imported from recordsdata (that is the one purpose why the app requests android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
Particulars and a changelog could be discovered on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/initiatives/strongswan/wiki/AndroidVPNClient
# EXAMPLE SERVER CONFIGURATION #
Instance server configurations could also be discovered on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/initiatives/strongswan/wiki/AndroidVPNClient#Server-Configuration
Please observe that the host title (or IP handle) configured with a VPN profile within the app *have to be* contained within the server certificates as subjectAltName extension.
# FEEDBACK #
Please put up bug experiences and have requests on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/initiatives/strongswan/points
In case you achieve this, please embody details about your machine (producer, mannequin, OS model and so on.).
The log file written by the important thing change service could be despatched immediately from inside the software.
# 2.0.2 #
– Fixes potential DNS leaks on Android 9
# 2.0.1 #
– Fixes a difficulty with industrial VPN suppliers
# 2.0.0 #
– Assist for All the time-on VPN (Android 7+)
– Fast Settings tile to provoke/terminate the VPN (Android 7+)
– Computerized reconnect if deadly errors happen (e.g. authentication failures)
– Site visitors is blocked whereas connecting/recovering from errors (Android 5+)
– Choices to disable OCSP/CRL
– Choice to allow strict revocation test through OCSP/CRL