Download Keto Diet Snack Recipes Latest Version APK
What is it?
The ketogenic or “keto” diet is a low-carbohydrate, fat-rich eating plan that has been used for centuries to treat specific medical conditions. In the 19th century, the ketogenic diet was commonly used to help control diabetes. In 1920 it was introduced as an effective treatment for epilepsy in children in whom medication was ineffective. The ketogenic diet has also been tested and used in closely monitored settings for cancer, diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, and Alzheimer’s disease.
However, this diet is gaining considerable attention as a potential weight-loss strategy due to the low-carb diet craze, which started in the 1970s with the Atkins diet (a very low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet, which was a commercial success and popularized low-carb diets to a new level). Today, other low-carb diets including the Paleo, South Beach, and Dukan diets are all high in protein but moderate in fat. In contrast, the ketogenic diet is distinctive for its exceptionally high-fat content, typically 70% to 80%, though with only a moderate intake of protein.
10 Health Benefits of Low-Carb and Ketogenic Diets
1. Low-Carb Diets Reduce Your Appetite
2. Low-Carb Diets Lead to More Weight Loss at First
3. A Greater Proportion of Fat Loss Comes From Your Abdominal Cavity
4. Triglycerides Tend to Drop Drastically
5. Increased Levels of 'Good' HDL Cholesterol
6. Reduced Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels
7. May Lower Blood Pressure
8. Effective Against Metabolic Syndrome
9. Improved 'Bad' LDL Cholesterol Levels
10. Therapeutic for Several Brain Disorders
Download this free app today and get started on your low carb, keto diet journey